What is it?
Restharrow Root is an herbal medicine used to increase urine flow in patients with kidney stones or infection of the urinary tract. It has also been used for arthritis.
Other names for Restharrow Root include: Ononis Spinsosa, Cammock Root, Hauhechelwurzel, Haudornwurzel, Ochsenbrechwurzel and Racine de Burgrane.
Ask your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist if you need more information about this medicine or if any information in this leaflet concerns you.
Tell your doctor if you
- are taking medicine or are allergic to any medicine (prescription or over-the-counter (OTC) or dietary supplement)
- are pregnant or plan to become pregnant while using this medicine
- are breastfeeding
- have any other health problems, such as high blood pressure or heart or blood vessel disease
Talk with your caregiver about how much Restharrow Root you should take. The amount depends on the strength of the medicine and the reason you are taking Restharrow Root. If you are using this medicine without instructions from your caregiver, follow the directions on the medicine bottle. Do not take more medicine or take it more often than the directions tell you to.
To store this medicine:
Keep all medicine locked up and away from children. Store medicine away from heat and direct light. Do not store your medicine in the bathroom, near the kitchen sink, or in other damp places. Heat or moisture may cause the medicine to break down and not work the way it should work. Throw away medicine that is out of date or that you do not need. Never share your medicine with others.
- Before taking Restharrow Root, tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Do not use if you have edema (swelling) due to a kidney or heart condition (1)
Stop taking your medicine right away and talk to your doctor if you have any of the following side effects. Your medicine may be causing these symptoms which may mean you are allergic to it.
- Breathing problems or tightness in your throat or chest
- Chest pain
- Skin hives, rash, or itchy or swollen skin
Other Side Effects:
This medicine may also cause other side effects. Tell your doctor if you have side effects that you think are caused by this medicine.
1. Blumenthal, Busse, Goldberg, et al: The Complete German Commission E Monographs: Therapeutic Guide to Herbal Medicines. The American Botanical Council, Austin, TX; 1998.
Last Updated: 11/4/2017