Telotristat ethyl (By mouth)
Telotristat Ethyl (tel-OH-tri-stat ETH-il)
Treats carcinoid syndrome diarrhea.
XermeloThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine is not right for everyone. Do not use it if you have an allergic reaction to telotristat ethyl.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to use. Do not use more than directed.
- It is best to take this medicine with food or milk.
- Missed dose: If you miss a dose of this medicine, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not double doses.
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Some medicines can affect how telotristat ethyl works. Tell your doctor if you are using midazolam.
- If you are using this medicine with short-acting octreotide, use it at least 30 minutes after taking telotristat ethyl.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have stomach problems.
- This medicine may cause severe constipation.
- Your doctor will check your progress and the effects of this medicine at regular visits. Keep all appointments.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Severe constipation, severe or worsening stomach pain
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 7/4/2018
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.
All rights reserved