Omeprazole/clarithromycin/amoxicillin (By mouth)
Treats H pylori infections and ulcers. This medicine package contains a penicillin and a macrolide antibiotic, and a proton pump inhibitor (PPI).
Omeclamox-PakThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine is not right for everyone. Do not use it if you had an allergic reaction to omeprazole, clarithromycin, amoxicillin, or similar medicines.
How to Use This Medicine:
Capsule, Tablet, Delayed Release Capsule
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to use. Do not use more than directed. Each dose of this medicine contains 4 pills.
- Take each dose on an empty stomach, before your morning and evening meals.
- Swallow each pill whole. Do not crush, break, or chew it.
- Take all of the medicine in your prescription to clear up your infection, even if you feel better after the first few doses.
- Missed dose: Take a dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then and take a regular dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Do not use this medicine together with dihydroergotamine, ergotamine, or pimozide.
- Some medicines can affect how these medicines work. Tell your doctor if you are using any of the following:
- Alfentanil, bromocriptine, carbamazepine, cilostazol, colchicine, cyclosporine, digoxin, disulfiram, erlotinib, ketoconazole, methylprednisolone, mycophenolate mofetil, phenobarbital, phenytoin, probenecid, rifabutin, sildenafil, tacrolimus, theophylline, valproate
- Blood thinner (including warfarin)
- Benzodiazepine or sedative medicine (including alprazolam, diazepam, midazolam, triazolam)
- Iron supplement
- Medicine to treat heart rhythm problems (including disopyramide, quinidine)
- Medicine to treat HIV infection (including atazanavir, nelfinavir, saquinavir)
- Statin medicine (including lovastatin, simvastatin)
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have kidney disease, liver disease, heart rhythm problems, or myasthenia gravis. Tell your doctor if you have Asian ancestry.
- This medicine may cause the following problems:
- Kidney problems
- Cutaneous or systemic lupus erythematosus
- This medicine can cause diarrhea. Call your doctor if the diarrhea becomes severe, does not stop, or is bloody. Do not take any medicine to stop diarrhea until you have talked to your doctor. Diarrhea can occur 2 months or more after you stop taking this medicine.
- Tell any doctor or dentist who treats you that you are using this medicine. This medicine may affect certain medical test results.
- Your doctor will do lab tests at regular visits to check on the effects of this medicine. Keep all appointments.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Blistering, peeling, red skin rash
- Fever, joint pain, skin rash, swelling in the body, unusual weight gain, change in how much or how often you urinate
- Joint pain, skin rash on your cheeks or arms that gets worse when exposed to the sun
- Severe diarrhea, stomach cramps, fever
- Severe muscle pain or weakness
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Change in sense of taste
- Mild diarrhea, stomach pain
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 1/4/2018
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.
Truven Health Analytics. All rights reserved.