Sodium chloride (Into the nose)
Sodium Chloride (SOE-dee-um KLOR-ide)
Treats dryness and congestion in the nose.
4-Way Saline Moisturizing Mist, Altamist, Ayr Allergy and Sinus, Ayr Baby Saline, Ayr Saline, Ayr Saline Mist, Deep Sea, Entsol, Entsol Single Use, Good Neighbor Pharmacy Nasal Moisturizing Spray, Good Neighbor Pharmacy Saline Nasal Spray, Good Sense Nasal Moisturizing, Leader Saline Nasal Spray, Mycinaire, Na-ZoneThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine is generally considered safe for most people. Talk to your doctor if you have concerns.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Use this medicine as directed.
- Disposable single units: Open 1 unit, use as directed, and throw away the unit when finished. Do not keep the unit to use again later.
- Hold the spray bottle upright and spray 1 or 2 times into each nostril. It might help if you press your finger on the other side of your nose to keep the other nostril closed while spraying.
- Some brands of this medicine can also be used as a nose drop. To do this, lie down on your back and tilt your head up a little. Hold the bottle upside down and squeeze 1 or 2 drops into each nostril.
- This medicine is for use only in the nose. Do not get any of it in your eyes or on your skin. If it does get on these areas, rinse it off right away.
- Do not let the tip of the spray bottle touch any surface.
- After using the nasal spray, wipe the tip of the bottle with a clean tissue and put the cap back on.
- Keep the bottle tightly closed when not using it. Store at room temperature, away from heat and direct light.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Do not share this medicine with other people, because you might spread an infection.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 9/4/2017
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.
Truven Health Analytics. All rights reserved.