Finafloxacin (Into the ear)
Treats an outer ear infection. This medicine is a fluoroquinolone antibiotic.
Brand Name(s):There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine is not right for everyone. Do not use it if you had an allergic reaction to finafloxacin.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to use. Do not use more than directed.
- Use this medicine only in your ear.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after using this medicine.
- To use
- Hold the bottle in your hands for 1 or 2 minutes to warm the suspension. Cold drops could cause you to become dizzy.
- Shake the bottle well before using it.
- Lie down on your side with the infected ear facing up. Drop the prescribed number of drops into the ear. Keep the ear tilted up for 60 seconds.
- Repeat the above steps if both ears are infected.
- Take all of the medicine in your prescription to clear up your infection, even if you feel better after the first few doses.
- Missed dose: Take a dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then and take a regular dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
- Keep the bottle closed when you are not using it. You may store it in the refrigerator or at room temperature, away from light and heat. Do not freeze.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you had an allergic reaction to a quinolone antibiotic.
- Keep your ears clean and dry while you are using this medicine. Do not go swimming unless your doctor says it is okay.
- Call your doctor if your symptoms do not improve or if they get worse.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 6/16/2017
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.
Truven Health Analytics. All rights reserved.