Tedizolid (By mouth)
Tedizolid Phosphate (te-DIZ-oh-lid FOS-fate)
Treats bacterial skin infections. This medicine is an antibiotic.
SivextroThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine is not right for everyone. Do not use it if you had an allergic reaction to tedizolid.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to use. Do not use more than directed.
- Take all of the medicine in your prescription to clear up your infection, even if you feel better after the first few doses.
- Missed dose: If you miss a dose of this medicine, use it as soon as you can. If your next dose is less than 8 hours away, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not take extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Some medicines can affect how tedizolid works. Tell your doctor if you are using methotrexate, rosuvastatin, or topotecan.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have a low white blood cell count.
- This medicine can cause diarrhea. Call your doctor if the diarrhea becomes severe, does not stop, or is bloody. Do not take any medicine to stop diarrhea until you have talked to your doctor. Diarrhea can occur 2 months or more after you stop taking this medicine.
- Call your doctor if your symptoms do not improve or if they get worse.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Severe and watery diarrhea that may contain blood
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Headache, nausea
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 1/4/2018
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.
Truven Health Analytics. All rights reserved.