Phenylephrine/ketorolac (Into the eye)
Ketorolac (kee-toe-ROLE-ak), Phenylephrine (fen-il-EF-rin)
Used during eye surgery to prevent constriction of the pupils and to reduce pain afterwards.
OmidriaThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine is not right for everyone. You should not receive this medicine if you had an allergic reaction to ketorolac or phenylephrine.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your eye doctor will give you this medicine in a hospital. This medicine is placed into your eye along with other medicines.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have asthma or an allergy to aspirin or NSAIDs.
- This medicine may raise the blood pressure.
- Your doctor will check your progress and the effects of this medicine at regular visits. Keep all appointments.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Red, sore eyes
- Vision changes
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Feeling of having something in the eye
- Sensitivity to light
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 6/16/2017
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.
Truven Health Analytics. All rights reserved.