Mirabegron (By mouth)
Treats symptoms of overactive bladder.
MyrbetriqThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine is not right for everyone. Do not use it if you had an allergic reaction to mirabegron.
How to Use This Medicine:
Long Acting Tablet
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to use. Do not use more than directed. This medicine usually works within 8 weeks after you start taking it.
- Swallow the extended-release tablet whole. Do not crush, break, or chew it. Take this medicine with water.
- Read and follow the patient instructions that come with this medicine. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions.
- Missed dose: Skip the missed dose, and go back to your regular schedule the next day. Do not take extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Some foods and medicines can affect how mirabegron works. Tell your doctor if you are using any of the following:
- Flecainide, propafenone
- Blood thinner (including warfarin)
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have kidney disease, liver disease, high blood pressure, or bladder outlet obstruction (trouble urinating or a weak urine stream).
- This medicine may cause high blood pressure.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Decrease in how much or how often you urinate, lower back or side pain, pain when urinating, fever
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 7/4/2017
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.
Truven Health Analytics. All rights reserved.