Ivermectin (On the skin)
Sklice® treats head lice. Soolantra® treats rosacea.
Sklice, SoolantraThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine is generally considered safe for most people. Talk to your doctor if you have concerns.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after you use this medicine.
- If you are using Sklice® topical lotion:
- Use this medicine as directed on the hair and scalp only. Do not get the medicine in your eyes, nose, mouth, and vagina. If it gets in your eyes, rinse them well with water.
- Children will need an adult to apply the medicine for them.
- Apply the medicine directly to dry hair. Start closest to the scalp and then apply outward. Completely cover your entire scalp and all of your hair, from the roots to the tips. Use the whole tube of medicine, if needed.
- Leave the medicine on the hair and scalp for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, rinse your hair with warm water only. Dry with a clean towel. Comb your hair with a fine-toothed comb to remove any nits (eggs) or nit shells. They look like small white dots.
- Throw away any unused medicine. Do not save it to use later.
- Wait for 24 hours before applying shampoo on the treated hair and scalp areas.
- If you are using Soolantra® topical cream:
- Use this medicine as directed. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- Use this medicine only on your skin. Rinse it off right away if it gets on a cut or scrape. Do not get the medicine in your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Use a pea-sized amount for each area of the face that is affected. Spread a thin layer. Avoid your eyes and lips.
- Missed dose: Apply a dose as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then and apply a regular dose. Do not apply extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
- Read and follow the patient instructions that come with this medicine. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions.
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light. Do not freeze.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have any other skin problems.
- For patients using this medicine to treat head lice:
- Do not use this medicine more than once without talking first with your doctor.
- Check everyone in your household 7 days after treatment. If you find any live lice, tell your doctor.
- Lice are easily spread from one person to another. To prevent the spread of lice, dry clean or wash your clothes, hats, and bedding in hot, soapy water. Dry in a hot dryer. Also wash personal care items, including brushes in hot, soapy water.
- For patients using this medicine to treat rosacea:
- Do not use this medicine to treat a skin problem your doctor has not examined.
- Call your doctor if your symptoms do not improve or if they get worse.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 3/4/2018
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.
Truven Health Analytics. All rights reserved.