Technetium tc 99m albumin aggregated (By injection)
Technetium Tc 99m Albumin Aggregated (tek-NEE-shee-um Tc 99m al-BUE-min AG-re-gay-ted)
Used to help your doctor see an image of your lungs or peritoneovenous [LeVeen] shunt.
Brand Name(s):There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:You should not get this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to technetium Tc 99 albumin aggregated or to any products that contain human serum albumin. Do not get this medicine if you are breastfeeding or if you have severe pulmonary hypertension (increased blood pressure in the arteries of the lungs).
How to Use This Medicine:
- A doctor or other health professional will give you this medicine. This medicine is given through a needle placed in one of your veins before you have a scan.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or if you have heart problems (such as cor pulmonale or right-to-left heart shunts).
- You may be exposed to radiation when you get this medicine. Talk with your doctor if you have concerns about this.
- Your doctor will check your progress and the effects of this medicine at regular visits. Keep all appointments.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Fever, chills, confusion, or fainting
- Shortness of breath or wheezing
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Pain, itching, burning, swelling, or a lump under your skin where the needle is placed
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 11/4/2017
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.
Truven Health Analytics. All rights reserved.