Hyaluronic acid (On the skin)
Hyaluronic Acid (hye-al-ure-ON-ate AS-id)
Treats burns, bed sores, wounds, and skin ulcers.
Bionect, HyGel, HyliraThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine is not right for everyone. Do not use it if you had an allergic reaction to hyaluronic acid.
How to Use This Medicine:
Cream, Gel/Jelly, Spray, Lotion
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to use. Do not use more than directed.
- This medicine is for use on the skin only. Do not get it in your eyes, nose, or mouth. If it does get on these areas, rinse it off right away.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after you use this medicine.
- Clean the affected skin area just before you use this medicine.
- Apply a thin layer of the medicine to the affected area. Rub it in gently. You may cover the skin area with a bandage or dressing after you apply the medicine, unless your doctor tells you otherwise.
- Missed dose: Apply a dose as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then and apply a regular dose. Do not apply extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Some foods and medicines can affect how hyaluronic acid works. Do not use a disinfectant or antiseptic on your skin unless the doctor says it is okay.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not use this medicine to treat a skin problem your doctor has not examined.
- Call your doctor if your symptoms do not improve or if they get worse.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Increased redness, swelling, or pain where the medicine was applied
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 6/16/2017
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.
Truven Health Analytics. All rights reserved.