Adenine/inosine/sodium phosphate, dibasic/sodium phosphate, monobasic/sodium pyruvate (By injection)
Adenine (AD-e-neen), Inosine (EYE-noe-seen), Sodium Phosphate, Dibasic (SOE-dee-um FOS-fate, dye-BAY-sik), Sodium Phosphate, Monobasic (SOE-dee-um FOS-fate, mono-BAY-sik), Sodium Pyruvate (SOE-dee-um PYE-rue-vate)
This medicine is mixed with red blood cells that have been stored to "freshen" them for use. This helps the blood deliver more oxygen to the body after a blood transfusion.
RejuvesolThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:You should not receive this medicine as an injection. It is only for mixing with blood cells before they are transfused.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will prescribe your dose and schedule. This medicine is given through a needle placed in a vein.
- A nurse or other health provider will give you this medicine.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Pain or irritation of your skin where the needle is placed.
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 8/4/2017
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.
Truven Health Analytics. All rights reserved.