Graft skin (On the skin)
Treats skin ulcers. This medicine is a skin graft.
Apligraf, DermaSpan ACD, Dermagraft, GraftJacket, GraftJacket SLR, GraftJacket Ulcer Repair, GraftJacket XpressThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:You should not receive this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to skin grafts or to any other ingredient listed on the product label. Your doctor or pharmacists can help you decide if you might allergic any of the ingredients in this product.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor or health care professional will apply this skin graft on your skin ulcer. Make sure you understand your doctor's instructions about caring for your skin graft.
- Follow your doctor's instructions about any special diet or foot care.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breast feeding, or if you have diabetes or any infection. Tell your doctor about all other medical problems.
- Your doctor will check your progress and the effects of this medicine at regular visits. Keep all appointments.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Any changes in your wound, such as swelling, warmth or discharge.
- Chest pain or uneven heartbeat.
- Change in how much or how often you urinate.
- Fracture of your bone.
- High fever, chills, sore throat, or back aches.
- Numbness, tingling, burning, or pain in your hands, arms, legs, or feet.
- Pain, redness, or swelling around the treated area of your skin.
- Pale skin or pale lip color.
- Swelling in your hands, ankles, or feet.
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Bone pain or joint pain.
- Mild skin rash or itching.
- Mild nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea.
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 12/4/2017
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.
Truven Health Analytics. All rights reserved.