Carbachol (Into the eye)
Used to constrict your pupil during surgery. Also decreases pressure inside the eye after surgery.
MiostatThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:You should not receive this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to carbachol.
How to Use This Medicine:
- This medicine will be placed into your eye during surgery.
- A nurse or other trained health professional will give you this medicine.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you have asthma, an overactive thyroid, heart failure, Parkinson's disease, problems with urination, stomach ulcer, or other problems with your digestive tract.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Pain, itching, burning, or swelling in your eyes.
- Stomach cramps.
- Trouble urinating.
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Blurred vision, dry eyes.
- Warmth or redness in your face, arms, neck or upper chest.
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 7/4/2017
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.
Truven Health Analytics. All rights reserved.