Indium in 111 capromab pendetide (By injection)
Indium In 111 Capromab Pendetide (IN-dee-um In 111 KAP-roe-mab PEN-de-tide)
Helps internal organs, other body parts, or tumors show more clearly on an x-ray or scan.
ProstascintThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine is not right for everyone. You should not receive it if you had an allergic reaction to indium In 111 capromab pendetide or murine or mice products.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will prescribe your dose and schedule. This medicine is given through a needle placed in a vein.
- A nurse or other health provider will give you this medicine.
- Your doctor may ask you to use a laxative the night before your scan to help empty your bowels. You may also need an enema one hour before each of your scans.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Some medicines can affect how this medicine works. Tell your doctor if you are using digoxin.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You will be exposed to radiation when you are given this medicine. Talk with your doctor if you have concerns about this.
- Tell your doctor if you had a test like this before or have received any other medicines made with murine or mice products.
- Tell any doctor or dentist who treats you that you are using this medicine. This medicine may affect certain medical test results.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 7/4/2018
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.
All rights reserved