Skin test antigens, multiple (On the skin)
A skin test to see if you have certain allergies.
T.R.U.E. TestThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:You should not take this test if you have a current severe skin allergy.
How to Use This Medicine:
- A trained nurse or other trained health care professional will apply this patch to your skin.
- Make sure you do not get your test patch wet. Avoid doing extreme physical activity, or do anything that will cause you to sweat while taking this test.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are using steroids such as cortisone, hydrocortisone, prednisone, Aristocort®, Celestone®, Cortone®, Cortaid®, Decadron®, Deltasone®, or Pediapred®.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- You should not have this test if you have severe allergic reactions.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight when you take this test.
- This test may cause itching or burning of the skin. Ask your doctor to recommend a medicine to take if you have these symptoms.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Swelling in your hands, ankles, or feet.
- Pain or severe discomfort at the test site.
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Darkening of skin in the test area.
- Dryness or white patches on your skin.
- Pain, itching, burning, or swelling of your skin where the patch is placed.
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 9/4/2017
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.
Truven Health Analytics. All rights reserved.