Chromic phosphate P 32 (By injection)
Chromic Phosphate P 32 (KROME-ik FOS-fate P 32)
Treats cancer, and reduces fluid in your chest or stomach area caused by cancer. This medicine is a radioactive substance.
Brand Name(s):There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine is not right for everyone. Do not use it if you had an allergic reaction to chromic phosphate or you have tumors that bleed.
How to Use This Medicine:
- A nurse or other trained health professional will give you this medicine.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- This medicine will expose you to radiation. Talk to your doctor about the risks and about precautions you need to take.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Chest pain, cough, or shortness of breath
- Fever, chills, sore throat, body aches
- Severe nausea, vomiting, stomach cramps
- Unusual bleeding, bruising, or weakness
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- General ill feeling
- Mild stomach pain, nausea, or vomiting
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 6/16/2017
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.
Truven Health Analytics. All rights reserved.