Loracarbef (By mouth)
Treats infections.Belongs to a group of drugs called antibiotics.
Brand Name(s):There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:You should not use this medicine if you have ever had an allergic reaction to loracarbef. Tell your doctor if you are allergic to penicillins or cephalosporins.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will tell you how much to take and how often.
- Take this medicine 1 hour before or at least 2 hours after a meal.
- Shake the oral liquid well before using. Measure your medicine with a measuring spoon.
- Take the medicine until it is all gone, or as long as your doctor tell you to, even if you feel better.
If a dose is missed:
- Take the missed dose as soon as possible.
- If it is almost time for your next regular dose, wait until then to take the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine:
- Keep this medicine in the original tightly-closed, light-resistant container. Store at room temperature away from moisture, heat, and direct light. Do not freeze the oral liquid. The unused portion should be thrown away after 14 days.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Make sure your doctor knows if you have kidney disease or other medical conditions.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before taking this medicine.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Rash, hives, itching, or swelling
- Blistering or peeling skin
- Wheezing or difficulty breathing
- Severe diarrhea (watery, possibly with blood)
- Severe stomach pain
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Mild diarrhea
- Nausea or upset stomach
- Vaginal itching or discharge
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 12/4/2017
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.
Truven Health Analytics. All rights reserved.