Pyridoxine (Vitamin B-6) (By mouth)
Helps patients who do not have enough vitamin B-6 in the body.
B-natal, CitraNatal B-Calm, PharmAssure Vitamin B-6, Rite Aid Vitamin B-6, Rodex, Taron-Bc, Vinacal BThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:You should not use this medicine if you have ever had an allergic reaction to pyridoxine (vitamin B-6)
How to Use This Medicine:
Tablet, Lozenge, Capsule, Liquid
- Your doctor will tell you how much to take and how often.
- Swallow whole. Do not break, crush, or chew before swallowing.
If a dose is missed:
- Take the missed dose as soon as possible.
- Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next dose.
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
- Missing one dose is generally not a cause for concern.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine:
- Store at room temperature in a closed container. Keep away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are taking levodopa.
- Follow your doctor's orders if he or she has given you a special diet. Whole-grain breads and cereals, fish, vegetables, beans, and red meat are all good sources of vitamin B-6 in the diet.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant (or become pregnant while taking this medicine) or are breastfeeding.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Numbness of hands and feet
- Upset stomach
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 8/4/2017
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.
Truven Health Analytics. All rights reserved.