Choline magnesium trisalicylate (By mouth)
Choline Magnesium Trisalicylate (KOE-leen mag-NEE-zhum trye-sal-is-i-late)
Treats pain, fever, and arthritis. This medicine contains an NSAID.
Brand Name(s):There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to aspirin or pain and arthritis medicine such as Motrin®, Advil®, Naprosyn®. This medicine should not be given to children or teenagers with fever, chickenpox, or symptoms of the flu or viral infection. You should not use this medicine if you have an active ulcer or bleeding problem.
How to Use This Medicine:
- You doctor will tell you how much to use and how often.
- Take the tablet after meals or with food. Drink a full glass of water after taking each tablet.
- Measure the oral liquid medicine with a marked measuring spoon or medicine cup.
- May be mixed with fruit juice.
If a dose is missed:
- May be taken as soon as possible.
- Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next dose.
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine:
- Store the tablets in a tightly closed container at room temperature, away from heat, light, and moisture. Store the oral liquid in the refrigerator in a light-resistant container; do not freeze.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while using this medicine.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are using a blood thinner (Coumadin®), probenecid, or cortisone medicine (prednisone).
- You should not use tetracycline or ketoconazole within 3 to 4 hours of taking this medicine.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Check with your doctor before using if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have asthma, kidney problems, or a history of ulcers.
- May cause incorrect results with some urine sugar tests used by patients with diabetes.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Severe stomach pain
- Brown or red, grainy vomit
- Blood in stools or urine
- Skin rash or hives with intense itching
- Swelling of the face or eyelids
- Wheezing or trouble breathing
- Severe dizziness or drowsiness
- Ringing in the ears
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Upset stomach
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 4/4/2018
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.
Truven Health Analytics. All rights reserved.