Multivitamins and fluoride (By mouth)
Multivitamins are given to patients who need more vitamins in their diet. Fluoride helps prevent cavities.
MVC-Fluoride, Multivitamin and Fluoride, Multivitamin with Fluoride, Polyvitamin with Fluoride, Quflora, Quflora Pediatric DropsThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to fluoride or other vitamins and minerals.
How to Use This Medicine:
Chewable Tablet, Liquid
- Take this medicine exactly as your doctor ordered.
- To use the oral liquid, Squeeze the right number of drops directly into the mouth using the dropper. Or you can mix the drops with food or juice.
- Chew the chewable tablets before swallowing. Take the medicine at bedtime after brushing your teeth.
If a dose is missed:
- Take the missed dose as soon as possible.
- Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next regular dose.
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine:
- Store at room temperature in the original container, away from heat, light, and moisture. Do not freeze the oral liquid.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- You should not use calcium supplements or eat foods rich in calcium (like milk, cheese, or yogurt) within 2 hours before or 2 hours after taking this medicine.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before taking this medicine.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you have kidney disease. You should not use certain brands of this medicine if you have kidney disease or are on dialysis, because they may harm your kidneys. Ask your caregiver what brands are best for you.
- You should not use this medicine more often or take more of it than your doctor prescribed.
- Too much fluoride can cause white patches or yellow or brown spots on the teeth. If this happens, stop taking the medicine and call your doctor.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Severe nausea or vomiting
- Painful or aching bones
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- White, brown, or black spots on the teeth
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 1/27/2017
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.
Truven Health Analytics. All rights reserved.