Spina bifida - resources
Resources - spina bifida
The following organizations are good resources for information on spina bifida:
- March of Dimes -- www.marchofdimes.org/baby/spina-bifida.aspx
- National Institute of Neurologic Disorders and Stroke -- www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/spina_bifida/spina_bifida.htm
- Spina Bifida Association -- www.spinabifidaassociation.org
- US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention -- www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/spinabifida
- US National Library of Medicine, Genetics Home Reference -- ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/spina-bifida
Reviewed By: Jennifer K. Mannheim, ARNP, Medical Staff, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health, Seattle Children's Hospital, Seattle, WA. Also reviewed by David Zieve, MD, MHA, Medical Director, Brenda Conaway, Editorial Director, and the A.D.A.M. Editorial team.
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites. © 1997- A.D.A.M., Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.