Eating disorders - resources
Anorexia nervosa - resources; Bulimia - resources; Overeating - resources; Resources - eating disorders; Resources - anorexia nervosa; Resources - bulimia
The following organizations provide information on eating disorders:
- Academy for Eating Disorders -- www.aedweb.org
- Overeaters Anonymous -- www.oa.org
- National Eating Disorders Association -- www.nationaleatingdisorders.org
- National Institute of Mental Health -- www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/eating-disorders/index.shtml
- Office on Women's Health, US Department of Health and Human Services -- www.womenshealth.gov/body-image/index.html
Reviewed By: Linda J. Vorvick, MD, Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Family Medicine, UW Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA. Also reviewed by David Zieve, MD, MHA, Medical Director, Brenda Conaway, Editorial Director, and the A.D.A.M. Editorial team.
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites. © 1997- A.D.A.M., Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.