Hearing or speech impairment - resources
Resources - hearing or speech impairment
The following organizations are good resources for information on hearing impairment or speech impairment:
- Alexander Graham Bell Association for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing -- www.agbell.org
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association -- www.asha.org/public
- Center for Parent Information and Resources -- www.parentcenterhub.org
- National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders -- www.nidcd.nih.gov
- US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention -- www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/hearingloss/index.html
- American Society for Deaf Children -- www.deafchildren.org
- Better Hearing Institute -- www.betterhearing.org
- Hearing Loss Association of America -- www.hearingloss.org/
Reviewed By: Jennifer K. Mannheim, ARNP, Medical Staff, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health, Seattle Children's Hospital, Seattle, WA. Also reviewed by David Zieve, MD, MHA, Medical Director, Brenda Conaway, Editorial Director, and the A.D.A.M. Editorial team.
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites. © 1997- A.D.A.M., Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.